Thursday, January 06, 2005

No Such Thing

a picture book by Jackie French Koller, illustrated by Betsy Lewin

Howard has always been told that there's no such thing as monsters. But when he moves to a new house, he has his doubts.
"I think there's a monster under my bed," Howard told his mommy when she came in to kiss him goodnight.
Monster is afraid of little boys, and tells his mother:
"I think there's a boy on top of my bed."
But his mommy tells him there's no such thing as boys:
"You've been reading too many comic books, Monster," she said. "I told you, boys are only pretend."
But no amount of convincing can stop Howard or Monster from being afraid of the dark. Until one night....

No Such Thing is the perfect spooky bedtime book. Louisa and I always laugh when we read it. We love it!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home