Monday, December 06, 2004

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie

a picture book by Laura Joffe Numeroff, illustrated by Felicia Bond
"If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk."
And so, the dominoes begin to fall.

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie is one of my favorite picture books. Felicia Bond's illustrations are adorable! And Laura Joffe Numeroff's text is giggle-out-loud funny. I love how the little energetic mouse always keeps the boy on his toes.

I love this story so much, I used it for a calligraphy project. For the project, students were required to choose a favorite storybook and write some lines from the book in calligraphy. I'm working on the project now. I can't wait until it's finished! I'm smiling a lot while working on it, and I hope it makes my little sister smile when it's done.

This is a story that is bound to keep young readers laughing. It is hilarious how so many things can happen in the length of a picture book - all because of one little cookie and one very funny, high-maintenance mouse.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home